Thursday, August 4, 2016

COOK: Biscuits and Gravy

I made the most amazing biscuits and gravy for supper the other night. I made my usual baking powder biscuits but used a larger cutter so there were 7 large biscuits instead of 14-ish smaller ones. Then I had some ground pork in the freezer from my share of the hog my brother got last fall, so I found this recipe at Allrecipes.com: Breakfast Sausage.
I browned the sausage and spooned the meat into a separate bowl. I sprinkled about 1/3 cup flour over the drippings and cooked for a couple of minutes until the roux was browned. I gradually stirred in 3 cups of milk and whisked until it was thick. I added salt and pepper to the gravy and returned the meat to the pan. I served the hot gravy over hot biscuits, split on the plate.
Yum, yum, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment