Friday, August 26, 2016

BOOK: Always Bring Your Towel

I decided a couple of weeks ago that it was necessary for me to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. A bit of browsing on Amazon led me to The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. This volume contains the entire 5-book series, which it turns out is a good thing, since the books are not very long.
I have thus far finished The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and am currently in the middle of The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I am completely in awe at the vastness and complexity of Adams' imagination, quite like I generally am when I read anything by Stephen King. The ability to create such ways of looking at reality just impresses me, as does the ability to create new worlds.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction, especially funny science fiction, and because there are a lot of books that refer to the Guide, reading the series will help you be "in the know" when you see the references.

No comments:

Post a Comment