Thursday, February 23, 2017

OILS: Two Success Stories

I am really getting into these essential oils! I have tried several ideas I found on Pinterest, and I am having a lot of success!
As I said in a previous post, I don't want to come across as "oooh, essential oils,,,cures everything...no need for pills anymore, ever," but I also want to share what, for me and my family at least, has been a positive experience.

Success #1:
Natalie has been having some problems with anxiety, especially when it comes to tests at school and also being away from me. She gets a lot of tummy aches and even throws up sometimes. So I searched online and found this blend called Peaceful Child. A mom made this blend up for her son who had some behavioral issues, I believe. It evidently helps with anxiety, ADD, and even some with autism and other disorders. She now sells her blend, but there are recipes out there to make your own as well. I read up on this blend, looking for anyone who had problems with it. The only problems I found were people for whom the blend didn't help. So I ordered the necessary oils and mixed up the master blend. (Recipe can be found here.) 
The blog I was reading warned that this blend was very strong and should be diluted appropriately for the age and size of the child using it. So I added a few drops of the blend to a roller bottle and filled it the rest of the way with sweet almond oil. 
One of Natalie's biggest triggers is timed tests in math. She knows all the problems, but being in a testing environment really freezes her up. She had one such test this past Tuesday; she completed the 90 problems in 13 minutes. (The goal is 4.) She was really upset about this and about the fact that she was having another test on Wednesday. So we had a chat about relaxing, and knowing she already knows all the answers, and imagining it was just me asking her the questions. Wednesday morning I oiled her up with the blend. We applied it to the back of her neck and wrists, with a dab between her collarbones and tip of her nose. I sent the rollerbottle to school with instructions to apply it again just before her test. 
After school on Wednesday while we were on our way to dance class, I asked how the test went. SHE CUT OFF OVER HALF OF HER TIME! She did the same 90 problem test in 6 minutes! She had reapplied the oil right before the test and felt really good about it. 
Now, I don't know if a lot of this was in her mind or if the oils did all the work. Personally, I think it was a bit of both. I am really glad I spent the money on getting all the oils for the blend and getting it for her.

Success #2:
In the past year, I have had some problems with heartburn and bloating. I haven't been able to pinpoint specific foods that cause it, so I generally try to eat somewhat bland foods until a particular episode goes away. Last night I was feeling bloated and really uncomfortable, so I went on Pinterest (how did we learn anything before Google and Pinterest?) looking for ideas using oils I already have. Bingo! I added two drops of Peppermint and 2 drops of Di-Gize (and yuck, I hate the smell of licorice and Di-Gize has anise and fennel) to about a teaspoon of sweet almond oil and rubbed it in clockwise circles on my abdomen. Well, I hated the smell, but loved the results. Within 10 minutes, I could feel the bloatedness (is that a word?) easing and I felt almost normal after about an hour. This morning I still felt pretty good, although I ate just a small breakfast. 

Now I feel obliged to remind anyone reading this that not all oils and not all blends will work on all people. Also, some oils are not safe for pregnant women and infants, and some may have drug interactions. So before you would try these remedies, do some checking and if you have concerns about interactions with medications you have been prescribed, you should probably discuss it with your doctor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment