Tuesday, February 7, 2017

OILS: Good Sleep, Good Skin

Crista, the wife of the owner of the screenprinting/embroidery shop where I work recently became a Young Living Oils distributor, and for my Christmas present (I have an awesome boss, gives great Christmas presents) they ordered me the premium starter kit from Young Living. Since this kit came with lots of different oils, samples, and a diffuser, I started learning about what the oils can do. And while I won't be actively selling them, having parties, and so on, I'm starting to incorporate the oils into our daily life.

I'm also trying to NOT turn into ooooh, essential oils...voodoo magic...cure all ills of man and beast. I won't be recommending something I haven't tried myself or on my kids and had success.

So one of the first things that I would call a rousing success is the blend I made of lavender and cedarwood essential oils in sweet almond oil. I mixed up this blend because Claire was having some difficulties in staying asleep at night, and lavender and cedarwood can be used to help with relaxing and sleep. I rubbed the mixture on the soles of her feet, and dabbed a bit on her nose and forehead. And voila! She has had pretty good sleep for the past couple of weeks, sleeping all night long for the past few nights!

But, this mixture has other benefits. Crista had told me that cedarwood is good for your hair, and I had read that lavender is good for just about anything (skin, healing, repelling mosquitoes). Last week when Natalie was recovering from yet another upper respiratory virus, her nose was dripping and making the skin between her nose and mouth really red and irritated. I had her wash her face and dry it thoroughly, and then I took a Q-tip, dipped it in the sleepytime oil, and dabbed it over the irritated skin. By the next morning, the skin was no longer red and irritated-looking.

Good Sleep, Good Skin Blend
1/3 cup carrier oil (I used sweet almond oil that I bought at Hobby Lobby)
12 drops lavender essential oil
12 drops cedarwood essential oil
Mix together in a glass jar or bottle and massage onto feet or face as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment